Saturday, September 18, 2010

CHICKEN - Maynard's Chicken Nuggets and Noodles

Maynard Pittendreigh

 

This recipe goes back to when my wife and I had only been married for a year or so.  I was looking for something new for dinner and one of my coworkers gave this to me.  At the time, I was working as a counselor in a state prison, and the prison cook gave this to me.  We used it for years, until my wife's diet opted for less carbs.

1 pound boned, skinned, chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes

1 can 12 oz evaporate milk

3/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs

1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup

1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrroms, drained

1 jar (2 oz) diced pimiento, drained

1/2 cup milk

8 oz wide egg noodles, cooked as directed

2 tbsp margerine, melted

In bowl, mix chicken and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Place bread crumbs in large plastic food bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Close tightly, shake to coat well. In large bowl stir together soup, mushrooms, pimiento, remaining evaporated milk and 1/2 cup milk. Add noodles; toss to coat well. Spoon into 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. Top with chicken; drizzle with margarine. Bake in 425 oven 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment