Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Mom's Grilled Cheese

Mom's Grilled Cheese
My Mom had a great sense of humor, and when she would make a mistake, she would laugh at herself as much as others would laugh at her.  More than once she would make me a grilled cheese sandwich and forget to add the cheese.  When I was in the 11th grade, I got hooked on grilled cheese sandwiches. I had one almost every day. As long as you remember to add the cheese, it is not that complicated

1.  Start with two slices of bread, with no holes.  White bread is good, as is sourdough bread.
2.  Spread butter on the outside slices of bread, making sure to spread it out to the edges.
3.  Add the cheese.  American cheese is best.  Other good cheeses are Swiss and Cheddar, or a mix.
4.  Start with the pan cold, and let it heat up to medium to high medium.  This will avoid toasting the bread before the cheese has a chance to melt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment